Friday 17 February 2012

INDIA


passport, guide book, toothbrush and mozzie repellent...in case

So now I begin a NEW BLOG, as yet nameless, inviting you on an adventure to India, the country of my birth, drawn to it like a moth to a lamp. Time’s moving on and I feel now is my best chance to see if India’s is in my soul; its tastes, sounds and sights were after-all my first experiences. It’s time to get the truck moving, slowly at the beginning, gathering momentum. So here goes........

Jabs administered: Hep.A and Typhoid being the minimum requirement. I thought for 10 seconds about Rabies (3 doses at £450) Japanese Encephalitis (2 doses at £320) and Hep.B (3 doses at £90) and rejected them. Costs an arm and an arm (leg)! Anti-malarial stuff, I bought from Boots for £20, ready to begin a week before departure. I was advised by the nurse to consider having the jabs IN India where they are manufactured, at a fraction of the cost. I’ll be looking out for the dogs! (I’m boring myself already with the cost stuff; I promise no more from now on!)

Flight booked for 15th March, from Birmingham to Mumbai via Paris, arriving 2355. I’ll  book a hotel though I plan not to spend any more time in Mumbai than can be helped. I thought I could be on a train heading for Udaipur, via Ahmedabad on the 16th March. However, having researched the fiendishly complicated seating/sleeping arrangements on trains, I’ll have to sit down and think very carefully about this. Beginnings (like endings) are important when travelling, don’t you think? Perhaps I should spend a couple of nights in Mumbai and get things properly sorted?

We'll see....










1 comment:

  1. It's going to be brilliant whatever you do! an extra day in Mumbai might help you to settle though. I remember thinking about using the trains with all those complex compartments, beds etc. Chickened out though because of the loos!No need to worry about the dogs, just the malarials and some rehydration stuff for when you get sick - which you will!

    ReplyDelete